Terms & Conditions
Please do take the time to read this information. its very dry and technical as you'd expect but it does mean that we'll all be clear about the nature of the relationship between us as retailer and customer. This section contains all you need to know on ordering and payment and what to do if you have any problems at all with our products or us.
A. Payment Methods
1. CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS
We accept the following credit/debit cards: Switch, Solo, Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Visa Debit, Visa Prospect, Maestro and Electron.
For your security all card transactions are completed on our secure server, to confirm this a small padlock will appear at the bottom of your browser window.
We charge your credit card in Pounds Sterling at the time of order and the credit card company will make the exchange to the local currency. As exchange rates vary you will have to check with your credit card company for the exact rate.
WE NO LONGER ACCEPT CHEQUE PAYMENT
We accept paypal. Please note we can only accept paypal direct payments and not the ridiculous paypal 'echeque' which takes more than 10 days to clear. We also cannot take paypal payments from new paypal customers who have not already signed up to paypals 'expanded use' programme which is vital if you wish to make paypal purchases of over £500 via paypal. Again this is because of huge delays that result. Paypal payments should be made to the following email address: info at kinetic-one co uk
4. VAT refunds for orders sent to BFPO and FCO addresses
We can refund VAT on items sold by kinetic-one and sent to BFPO and FCO addresses, as long as the address is located outside of the United Kingdom.
You must put your address as follows:
- Service No Rank Name
- Operation Name (If applicable)
- BFPO No
- 1234567 Pte Joe Bloggs
- 1st Battalion
- Operation HERRICK
- BFPO 772
* BFPO Addresses based outside of the EU: In order to request a VAT refund for a BFPO address outside of the EU, please email us once your order has been processed. Remember to include the order number with your request.
* BFPO Addresses based within the EU: Before we can issue a VAT refund for an order dispatched to a BFPO address which is within the EU, UK VAT legislation requires us to obtain a "certificate of entitlement" confirming that the items have been shipped to and received by a qualifying body or person as set out in paragraph 14.2 of HM Revenue and Customs Notice 725 dated December 2009. kinetic-one will accept a copy of the order receipt which was dispatched with the item(s), signed and stamped by the head or acting head of the embassy, high commission, consulate, visiting force contingent or international organisation, with evidence of the official status of the signatory.
For goods which are shipped to BFPO customers in Cyprus or Germany, kinetic-one requires a certificate from the person placing the order uniquely identifying the supply for which relief is claimed, and claiming entitlement as follows:
- for British forces in Cyprus - under Article 14(1)(g) of EC Council Directive 77/388/EEC, or
- for a visiting force in Germany - under Article 15(10) of EC Council Directive 77/388/EEC.
kinetic-one requires this certificate in accordance with Section 14 of HM Revenue and Customs Notice 725 dated December 2009. If this certificate is not supplied, kinetic-one cannot make a refund.
Please send the stamped receipt or certificate, quoting all the qualifying order numbers for which VAT has not been refunded to:
- Kinetic-one Sales
- Re-cycling House
- 35 belmont road
- GL5 1HH
B. My Product has a Fault. What do I do?
If a fault develops you must stop using the product immediately and contact us.
Where goods purchased are alleged to be defective, the purchaser agrees to return such goods to the seller (see returns policy above before sending items back to us) for inspection and report (without the seller replacing the said goods prior to such inspection). The purchaser further confirms that it shall be reasonable for the seller to inspect, repair or replace (at its option) such defective goods and allow manufacturers to undertake inspections so as to allow production methods to be modified.
The purchaser also accepts that it is reasonable to inform the seller of any interruption, defect or other failure prior to contacting independent third parties or incurring expense and, in addition, to allow the seller to remedy the defect, failure or interruption.
C. Warranty issues - general
a) WARRANTY ON BIKES AND FRAMES AND WHEELS
Warranty covers faults that develop during 'normal usage' of the cycle/components and the product is warranted to the original purchaser against defects in workmanship and materials of component parts for a minimum 12 months from purchase date. Where component manufacturers offer a longer warranty period (such as groupset parts for example) the warranty term is the longer term.
Some specific items will have a longer warranty. Where this is the case it will be stated on the website within the product description. For example many of our wheels have 2 year warranties and all recent frame and bike purchases have a limited lifetime frameset warranty - see below fro details.
LIMITED FRAME WARRANTY - KINETIC-ONE frames purchased from KINETIC-ONE are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use - FOR THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER ONLY - for the duration as stated here: Frames purchased prior to October 2008 carry a 3 year limited warranty. Frames purchased between October 2008 and February 2014 carry a 4 year Limited warranty. Frames purchased From March 2014 carry a LIFETIME LIMITED warranty (I.e, for as long as the bicycle/frame is owned by the original owner/purchaser).
Warranty cover applies only where the following conditions are met:
1. User assumes all risk of personal injury, damage to or failure of the product when it is used in competitive racing - off-road - or similar activities.
2. This warranty does not cover any incidental or consequential damages, such as personal injury or any other losses due to accident, neglect, misuse, abuse, normal wear and tear, improper re-assembly or maintenance.
3. We take considerable care in packing all our items for secure transportation. We do however recommend that customers take out additional postal insurance cover for expensive and large items such as bikes as we cannot be held liable for any damage or loss that occurs once an item has left our premises. We can arrange insurance cover at time of a delivery booking with the relevant parcel carrier. Additional charges are typically about £20-35 (on top of the delivery charge), to fully cover a complete bike against loss or damage and we will require payment in advance to arrange cover. In the event of any claim for loss/ damage in transit we can only support a claim if the customer has purchased insurance cover against loss/damage as described above.
D. Statutory Rights
1) What do I do to cancel an order?
If you want to cancel an order before we've dispatched it, just send us an email.. We try to dispatch things very quickly so you need to contact us straight away!
2) Returns policy
Stock Items: If you've received item(s) from us and you don't want to keep them for any reason, return the goods to us within 14 days and we'll give you a full refund for the cost of the item(s). Returned goods must be unused and in a saleable condition. Please contact us before sending back your goods as there are important considerations such as postal insurance cover to be aware of. Once we've received the goods back, we will credit you by your original payment method straight away. *See conditions below
Custom build wheels or a bikes: When we custom build wheels or a bike for you, it is built specifically for you, and to your exact specification. This means that we are not obliged to accept back custom built items for a refund or exchange. We choose to offer a no-quibble 14 day return policy on all our wheelsets. This means within that time period you can simply return your wheels for a refund . *See conditions below
*Conditions for all returns are:
- Goods must be returned within 14 days of receipt
- Goods must be in original packaging
- Goods must be complete
- Goods must be clean and unused
3. Who pays the postage on returned items?
If a customer returns items to us for any reason they will need to pay the postage costs to return it to us.
Where the customer arranges for an item to be returned to us for any reason it is the customer's responsibility to provide any insurance cover against loss/damage. Any goods lost/damaged en route to us are not our responsibility.
We cannot refund any 3rd party charges: such as any ebay charges.
4. Where Should I send my Item?
- Kinetic-One Returns
- 35 Belmont Road
- GL5 1HH